Berkeley Real Estate RealWatch™ from The Gregori Group and TopBayAgent.com, your Berkeley Realtor
- Buying Berkeley home? Start gauging the market by viewing Berkeley home price reductions in the last week
- Interested in the Berkeley real estate market? Review all Berkeley real estate currently for sale
- Selling a Berkeley home? Review recently sold Berkeley homes to better understand the value of your home
- Review Highly Qualified Berkeley Realtor
Your Berkeley Realtor Real Estate Review - Planning to Buy or Sell a Berkeley Home?
Take a moment to review this Berkeley city information. Don't hesitate to call with questions.
With its unique excellence, unusual style and pure energy, the City of Berkeley is one of the most desirable communities in the Bay Area. Situated directly across the bay from San Francisco, Berkeley residents enjoy a waterfront with a marina and sailing club as well as spectacular vistas from hillside developments.
The influence of the University of California ensures the city's international reputation as an intellectual center. Home of the Free Speech Movement and political protests of the '60s, the dynamic campus community influences every aspect of Berkeley life.
At the same time, many of its leading companies are among the Bay Area's largest and fastest growing. Key industries include architecture, multimedia, biotechnology, software, and innovative 'energy bar' food processing.
Amenities in Berkeley are nothing less than exceptional. Shopping and commercial districts combine charming stores with over 400 restaurants. Several senior centers, wonderful discovery museums for children, world-class libraries and galleries, a year-long calendar of performing arts, the Berkeley Rose Garden, the 3,000-boat Berkeley Marina, shoreline trails, and Tilden Park Golf Course are just a few of the attractions.
Important Berkeley City Services
Berkeley Schools & Education Resources
Thanks to an active parent parent community and strong local government support Berkeley's schools have long been recognized as schools of superior academic acheivement win such awards as California Distinguished School for Recognition of Excellence. Thanks to small classes, one-on-one instruction, and a commitment to high academic standards Berkeley students are well prepared for continued success in their lives.
- Berkeley Unified School District
- Private Schools in or near Berkeley
- University of California, Berkeley
- Berkeley City College
Recreation and Other Berkeley Activities
The Berkeley Hills - Roughly bounded by Cedar Street, Spruce Street, Eunice Street, Sutter Street, and Arlington Avenue on the west, and Tilden Regional Park on the east.
- La Loma Park/Nut Hill - Roughly bounded by Euclid Avenue on the west and the main University of California campus on the south.
- Cragmont The Berkeley Hills section north of Codornices Creek, and east of about Euclid Avenue.
- Southampton - Roughly bounded by Arlington Avenue on the west, Tilden Regional Park on the east, and Marin Avenue on the south.
The Berkeley Flats - As contrasted with the Berkeley Hills, this area encompasses the gently sloping flat land bounded on the east by the Downtown district at Martin Luther King Jr Way, on the west by West Berkeley at San Pablo Avenue, on the north by Cedar Street and on the south by Dwight Way. Elevation decreases smoothly from 180 feet above sea level at the eastern boundary to 100 feet above sea level at the western boundary.
- Poet's Corner - The neighborhood bordered by University Ave, Sacramento Street, Dwight Way, and San Pablo Avenue. Most of the streets that lie exclusively within the boundaries of this neighborhood are named after the following poets: Bonar, Browning, Byron, Chaucer, Cowper, Edwards and Poe.
Claremont - Centered around the intersection of Claremont Avenue, Ashby Avenue, and Claremont Boulevard. Parts of the Claremont district are in the City of Oakland, including most of:
- Claremont Hills - Roughly bounded by Tunnel Road and the Claremont Hotel.
- Downtown Berkeley - Roughly bounded by Martin Luther King Jr Way, Hearst Avenue, Oxford Street, and Dwight Way, and centered along Shattuck Avenue.
- Elmwood - Roughly bounded by Dwight Way, Telegraph Avenue and the Oakland city limits.
- Gourmet Ghetto - A stretch of Shattuck Avenue and Walnut roughly bordered by Hearst to the south and Rose to the north. So named because of the concentration of fine restaurants, including Chez Panisse and the Cheese Board Collective.
- North Berkeley - Roughly bounded by Hearst Avenue and Eunice Street.
- Northbrae - Roughly bounded by Solano Avenue on the north, Hopkins and Eunice Streets on the south, the Albany city limits on the west, and Spruce Street on the east.
- Northside - Roughly bordered by Hearst Avenue and Cedar Street.
- Panoramic Hill - Bounded by Piedmont Avenue, the Clark Kerr Campus and the main University of California campus. The eastern half of this neighborhood is in the City of Oakland.
- South Berkeley - Roughly bounded by Telegraph Avenue, Dwight Way, and the Oakland city limits.
- Southside - Between Bancroft Way and Dwight Way.
- Thousand Oaks - Roughly bounded by Solano Avenue, The Alameda, and Arlington Avenue
- The University of California, Berkeley campus
- West Berkeley - Roughly bounded by San Francisco Bay on the west, and San Pablo Avenue or Sacramento Street on the east.
- Westbrae - Centered on the intersection of Santa Fe Avenue and Gilman Street.
Berkeley Realtor that understand the Berkeley Real Estate Market
- Berkeley Real Estate List of New Listings, Price Changes and Solds
- All Active Buy or Sell a Home In Berkeley (Homes For Sale)
- Find a Home In Berkeley Sign-up for Weekly RealWatch Email
- Find a Top Berkeley Realtor
Recently Listed Berkeley PropertiesView more Berkeley Real Estate?